Saturday, March 15, 2008

Coupons in the Best Places


If you have a dog or cat you will know what I'm talking about when I mention coupons inside the product you have already bought. I guess cereal is in the same category but a lot of time you have to send in box tops or have to actually do Something to get what the company is showing you on the box. There are many products, like dog food, that have regular coupons right inside the bag, usually in a little plastic cover and usally for the same product, or a newly marketed or more expensive product.



As I mentioned in a prior post the present economy is forcing people to use more coupons to save money where they can. So, where these included coupons may have been a pain in the past, many people are now seeing them as a free and beneficial oportunity to save money.


I had an early birthday party with my family last night and as always we bought a Carvel ice cream cake for dessert. Right inside was a coupon enclosed in a plastic cover for $1.00 off another cake of the same size. I was so excited because we buy ice creams cakes for any possible celebration that we can think of because we like them so much. But as usual I took the coupon out of the box and put it in a place where I thought I would be able to find it when I needed it, buttt it is already missing. My point is that while these included coupons are handy and helpful, if it is not part of your lifestyle to use them on a regular basis they usually just pile up in a drawer or in the car.


But boy, do I wish I could find that ice cream cake coupon!

No comments: